Please click here for more information about who I am and why I do this.
The text shown after 1), 2), 3) and 4) is copied exactly from the BBC's daily JV Show web page and I acknowledge their copyright of this text.
The "Find out more..." links to web pages referred to by the JV Show web page are available by clicking on the text following 1), 2), 3) and 4).
"Find out more..." text is only included here when it refers to a non-BBC web page link.
You can follow my occasional postings on Twitter at @JVineBlogMan although @TheJeremyVine has blocked me from following him.
I am subject to the BBC's "expedited complaints handling process" (meaning I'll be ignored) for two years from 25/01/12.

Tuesday 4 January 2011

Today's show 04/01/11

Welcome back, and Happy New Year! The world must have come back to life...

1) VAT - After the VAT rise to 20%, we talk to people who tell us they can’t afford to live in 2011 : Fortunately for me, I am not one of those people. Next...

2) Joanna Yeates - In light of Joanna Yeates’ murder, police are urging women in Bristol not to venture out alone at night : I'm not a woman, and I don't live in Bristol. Next...

3) Bins - How long has it been since your bins were last emptied? : It was emptied yesterday, thank you, without any fuss. Next...

4) Missing cat posters - A man was threatened with a £1,000 fine after putting up ‘missing cat’ posters in Bedford : He needs to fit a Loc8tor tag (http://www.loc8tor.co.uk/) to the cat's collar ... makes it much easier to find. As for the trees, sounds like Bedford Council are taking the right approach.

I got some new CDs for Christmas ... can you guess what I will be listening to?