Please click here for more information about who I am and why I do this.
The text shown after 1), 2), 3) and 4) is copied exactly from the BBC's daily JV Show web page and I acknowledge their copyright of this text.
The "Find out more..." links to web pages referred to by the JV Show web page are available by clicking on the text following 1), 2), 3) and 4).
"Find out more..." text is only included here when it refers to a non-BBC web page link.
You can follow my occasional postings on Twitter at @JVineBlogMan although @TheJeremyVine has blocked me from following him.
I am subject to the BBC's "expedited complaints handling process" (meaning I'll be ignored) for two years from 25/01/12.

Tuesday 11 January 2011

Today's show 11/01/11

Blimey... the web site was updated before 11:30 today. Well done!

1) Flu - A leading doctor says it’s wrong that people should be able to buy the flu vaccine when people in the ‘at-risk’ group can't get it on the NHS : This problem, to the best of my knowledge, does not exist here in Wales. Next...

2) Rising petrol prices - Good for the environment? : Galloway yesterday, are you going to subject your listeners to George Monbiot today? I predict that this will descend in to a "man-made global warming" fracas as these things always do on Jeremy's show. Let me remind you of what your colleague Jeremy Paxman said back in 2007: "I assume that this is why the BBC's coverage of the issue abandoned the pretence of impartiality long ago." (http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2007/jan/31/broadcasting.digitalmedia). So, was he correct, or are you going to feign impartiality today? That would make a refreshing change, so it is such a shame that I won't be listening but somehow I guess that I won't be missing anything. Meanwhile, in a few weeks time I will be able to hear the drone of Jet Skis at the nearby beach. Next...

3) All-Clear from Cancer - Did your outlook change after? : Some sufferers will say "Yes", some will say "No", and good luck and best wishes to anybody afflicted with cancer. However, I'm struggling to work out what there is to discuss and can only assume that this is a "tell us what happened to you" item that serves no purpose other than to fill 30 minutes of valuable Radio 2 air time. Next...

4) Builder Seduced by Housewife - But he didn't like it : I'm not a builder, and this isn't news so who, exactly, is this meant to be of interest to? There is an old saying: Talk Is Cheap, but there is no need to prove it!

Matthew, I remember when you were in charge at Radio 1 and had your "clear out". Is there any chance you could do the same at Radio 2? Here is my suggested list of those that should go:
Jeremy Vine

By the way, the answer to my question to Martin Lewis last week was Joe Royal.

Last night's Radcliffe & Maconie Show will fit 12 till 2 today perfectly and is Radio 2 at its very best.