Please click here for more information about who I am and why I do this.
The text shown after 1), 2), 3) and 4) is copied exactly from the BBC's daily JV Show web page and I acknowledge their copyright of this text.
The "Find out more..." links to web pages referred to by the JV Show web page are available by clicking on the text following 1), 2), 3) and 4).
"Find out more..." text is only included here when it refers to a non-BBC web page link.
You can follow my occasional postings on Twitter at @JVineBlogMan although @TheJeremyVine has blocked me from following him.
I am subject to the BBC's "expedited complaints handling process" (meaning I'll be ignored) for two years from 25/01/12.

Thursday 13 January 2011

Today's show 13/01/11

1) Retirement - Did you retire and wish you hadn’t? : I'm self-employed, so the answer to your question is "No". Next...

2) Teenager Drowns - Put his brother's life first : Tragic, but described by yourself on Ken's show as "a very upsetting story". Going with your description I'm pretty sure it is not the kind of thing that I want to listen to while eating my lunch. Next...

3) Michael Palin - Talks about stammering : I'm sure that Michael's work is invaluable but fortunately it is not an affliction that I have, so this is of no interest to me. Next...

4) Speeches - Did you prefer Obama's or Sarah Palin's? : Are you confusing me with an American citizen? Do you think I have sufficient spare time in my life to listen to both speeches and form an opinion? Why do you think I care? Do you remember the TV advert where the little girl is asked by her brother "Which do you prefer, Daddy or chips?". Thought not...

UPDATE:

My CD ended early so I listened to the last few minutes of your show.

I had read of the BBC's "Palin bashing" and "Obama worship" but had never actually heard it before. I'm sure it was of interest to somebody, somewhere ... but not me! Still, let's look on the bright side ... it filled 30 minutes of air time.