Please click here for more information about who I am and why I do this.
The text shown after 1), 2), 3) and 4) is copied exactly from the BBC's daily JV Show web page and I acknowledge their copyright of this text.
The "Find out more..." links to web pages referred to by the JV Show web page are available by clicking on the text following 1), 2), 3) and 4).
"Find out more..." text is only included here when it refers to a non-BBC web page link.
You can follow my occasional postings on Twitter at @JVineBlogMan although @TheJeremyVine has blocked me from following him.
I am subject to the BBC's "expedited complaints handling process" (meaning I'll be ignored) for two years from 25/01/12.

Thursday 20 January 2011

Today's show 20/01/11

Your web page was again updated by 10:30 this morning, and I continue to be impressed. It saves me so much time when writing this stuff...

1) Baroness Warsi - Conservative chairman Baroness Warsi says it’s become acceptable in Britain to be prejudiced against Muslims : Has it? Oh, right... I shall have to remember that, but I'm not sure why. It says on the link page "She will use a speech at Leicester University to accuse the media of superficial discussion of Islam.". The Media? That'll be you then, or are you following Jeremy's usual tactic and opting out of The Media for today?

I love the way The Media tell us in advance what somebody in high office is going to say in a speech "later today". If I were that person I'd change my speech to say something - anything - other than what had been reported just to see how the "we always tell the truth when it suits us to do so" media reacted. Moving on...

2) Disabled Child - I can't cope : Tragic, but what is your discussion going to change for the child and her mother today? Can I make a prediction? Here goes..... Absolutely Nothing. Next...

3) Voting - Which prisoners should get the vote? : I have no idea. I don't know anybody in prison. I'm not sure I even know anybody who has ever been in prison. I don't live in a constituency that has a prison. Should I be interested? Well, I'm not. Next...

4) Pets - Should they be allowed on public transport? : Pets? Do you mean any pet? Are you suggesting that I should be able to take my much-loved pet Vietnamese pot belly pig on the bus? If so, I hope it is one of those low-floor buses because he's only got short legs. I suspect you mean dogs ... and I don't own a dog (or a Vietnamese pot belly pig now I come to think of it) and living here in rural Wales I hardly ever have an opportunity to use public transport. And it was all going so well.

As for your diseased laurel ... I'd suggest a good dose of bullshit. You'll not find a shortage and it works wonders.

Just so you know ... the last day on which the JV Show discussed a topic that interested me was 22nd September 2010. That was four months ago, the story was riddled with inaccuracies and I learnt nothing that I didn't know already. I wonder ... is it just me that finds this programme of no interest at all? I guess we will never know.