Please click here for more information about who I am and why I do this.
The text shown after 1), 2), 3) and 4) is copied exactly from the BBC's daily JV Show web page and I acknowledge their copyright of this text.
The "Find out more..." links to web pages referred to by the JV Show web page are available by clicking on the text following 1), 2), 3) and 4).
"Find out more..." text is only included here when it refers to a non-BBC web page link.
You can follow my occasional postings on Twitter at @JVineBlogMan although @TheJeremyVine has blocked me from following him.
I am subject to the BBC's "expedited complaints handling process" (meaning I'll be ignored) for two years from 25/01/12.

Monday 24 January 2011

Today's show 24/01/11

Oooohhh... I'm late today due to other commitments, so a belated welcome back!

I love the way your web page (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/jeremy-vine/) still says "Paddy O'Connell sits in for Jeremy all this week.". Perhaps nobody has noticed that you are back!


Time to have a word with your web page editor again, I think, and to remind them of this story:


1) Woodlands - People are angry at government plans to sell off publicly owned woodlands : Living in North Wales the important sentence for me on the linked BBC news page is, of course, "Scotland and Wales have already ruled out privatisation of their woodland.". So this will be another England (and Northern Ireland?) only story then. Next...


2) Compensation Reduced - Because victim dropped a cig : Yay! Another Daily Mail story! What would you do without them, eh? To be fair, they only lost 4% of their readers last year, so they did a lot better than most of the other national titles. The slow lingering death of the Dead Tree Press continues. (http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/story.asp?sectioncode=1&storycode=46548&c=1#) Next...


3) Mixed Race Adoption - Were you saved by it? : I'm afraid not. It would take more than that to save me. Next...


4) Shouting at Customer Services - Is it ever right? : I prefer to verbally tie them in knots myself, so I doubt if this was of interest to me.


I'll try and be on time tomorrow, but it may be tricky.

No comments: