Please click here for more information about who I am and why I do this.
The text shown after 1), 2), 3) and 4) is copied exactly from the BBC's daily JV Show web page and I acknowledge their copyright of this text.
The "Find out more..." links to web pages referred to by the JV Show web page are available by clicking on the text following 1), 2), 3) and 4).
"Find out more..." text is only included here when it refers to a non-BBC web page link.
You can follow my occasional postings on Twitter at @JVineBlogMan although @TheJeremyVine has blocked me from following him.
I am subject to the BBC's "expedited complaints handling process" (meaning I'll be ignored) for two years from 25/01/12.

Tuesday 25 January 2011

Today's show 25/01/11

My timing is a bit better today...

Your second day back and your web page (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/jeremy-vine/) still says "Paddy O'Connell sits in for Jeremy all this week" below the pictures of the pre-fabs, which are soooo old news now. I'll leave you to kick the backside or fire whoever is supposed to take responsibility for this. In the meantime, I shall take smug satisfaction that a so-called news programme cannot even get the facts right about its own show. What hope is there for any real news story, eh? Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy, and typical.

1) Economic Growth - Economic growth has unexpectedly declined by 0.5%, but we speak to someone who says their factory is booming : Sorry, I have far too much work in my own business to find time to listen to this. Next...

2) Dementia - When did you realise you couldn't cope? : I am fortunate that I don't have dementia, so this is of no interest to me. Next...

3) Lineswomen Row - 2 commentators suspended : You never miss an opportunity to "have a go" at another broadcaster, do you? Anyway, it is only sport so who cares? I don't! As it was in the Daily Mail you will have seen Peter Sissons' comments concerning his time at the BBC (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1349506/Left-wing-bias-Its-written-BBCs-DNA-says-Peter-Sissons.html). Should I be surprised that you are conveniently ignoring his accusations of BBC bias? I thought not, as it is not as much fun as mud-slinging at another broadcaster, is it? Next...

4) Swimming Pool - Could be heated by crematorium : Is this news? It is due to be debated on 7th February, so hasn't even got past the initial approval needed. Zzzzzz....

No comments: