Please click here for more information about who I am and why I do this.
The text shown after 1), 2), 3) and 4) is copied exactly from the BBC's daily JV Show web page and I acknowledge their copyright of this text.
The "Find out more..." links to web pages referred to by the JV Show web page are available by clicking on the text following 1), 2), 3) and 4).
"Find out more..." text is only included here when it refers to a non-BBC web page link.
You can follow my occasional postings on Twitter at @JVineBlogMan although @TheJeremyVine has blocked me from following him.
I am subject to the BBC's "expedited complaints handling process" (meaning I'll be ignored) for two years from 25/01/12.

Monday 31 January 2011

Today's show 31/01/11

Good to see your web site updated nice and early today - well done! It's not hard, is it?

1) Higher Rate Tax Payers - An extra 750 000 people will become higher rate tax payers. Are you a higher rate tax payer and struggling? : Errrr... I <my profession> for a living, so the answer is "No" to both parts of your question. I fall in to the category described elsewhere on the BBC page you have linked to: "It concludes that the main winners from the 2011 tax changes will be lone parents who are not working, and low-to-middle income households without children.". What was the problem again? Next...

2) Egypt - Should Britain support the revolution? : Yay! Another vote! Great! Does this mean that if you get more callers supporting a revolution then Britain will support it? No? Oh... that's a shame. Your discussion will, as usual, change absolutely nothing. Next...

3) Padlocked Wood - Is there one near you? : Allow me to remind you that "Scotland and Wales have already ruled out privatisation of their woodland" (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-12262797). Another "England only" story. Next...

4) Marriage - Are you being pestered into it? : Well, if I was, and I did then it would be illegal. It is called bigamy.

Can't you just tell it is a Monday, eh? I'm surprised you didn't go with this as it has all sorts of scope for sensationalism and mis-information, and upset children too : http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/226055/Health-and-safety-cashes-in-on-panto-Smarties

"I predict this is going to be a good show". I guess there is a first time for everything Jeremy, but sadly I have to predict that you may be incorrect on this occasion.

No comments: