Please click here for more information about who I am and why I do this.
The text shown after 1), 2), 3) and 4) is copied exactly from the BBC's daily JV Show web page and I acknowledge their copyright of this text.
The "Find out more..." links to web pages referred to by the JV Show web page are available by clicking on the text following 1), 2), 3) and 4).
"Find out more..." text is only included here when it refers to a non-BBC web page link.
You can follow my occasional postings on Twitter at @JVineBlogMan although @TheJeremyVine has blocked me from following him.
I am subject to the BBC's "expedited complaints handling process" (meaning I'll be ignored) for two years from 25/01/12.

Thursday 24 February 2011

Today's show 24/02/11

Well, a web site update before 11:45 ... wonders will never cease.
 
Unfortunately, it only tells me that today's show is yet again of complete irrelevance to me...
 
1) Libya - If it comes to it, should we send British troops into Libya to protect oil interests? : Is this a vote? Does anything said on your programme today make ANY difference at all? No, of course it doesn't. Really, what is the point? Next...
 
2) Child Murderer Killed - Colin Hatch killed in prison : I think you are confusing me with someone who gives a toss. Next...
 
3) Pensioners - Get rid of free TV licences and bus passes? : I'm not a pensioner and have another 12 years to go before this has any relevance to me. Can you discuss it again in 2023? Not that I'll be listening. Next...
 
4) Breast Milk Ice Cream - Would you eat it? : And this is news, is it? Who decided that this should feature on the show today? Whoever you are, you are a disgrace to the trade known as journalism. But then we already knew that, didn't we.
 
Here's another jingle for you: "The latest news, some music, and a load of uninteresting and irrelevant tosh here on the Jeremy Vine show". Again, no charge.
 
It was September when you last discussed a topic that was even remotely of interest to me. Any idea when it might happen again?

And very noticeable this week that with Ms Feltz standing in for JV the show has been turned in to poor imitation of Womens' Hour, making it even worse than normal.
 
Now, get off my radio!

No comments: