Please click here for more information about who I am and why I do this.
The text shown after 1), 2), 3) and 4) is copied exactly from the BBC's daily JV Show web page and I acknowledge their copyright of this text.
The "Find out more..." links to web pages referred to by the JV Show web page are available by clicking on the text following 1), 2), 3) and 4).
"Find out more..." text is only included here when it refers to a non-BBC web page link.
You can follow my occasional postings on Twitter at @JVineBlogMan although @TheJeremyVine has blocked me from following him.
I am subject to the BBC's "expedited complaints handling process" (meaning I'll be ignored) for two years from 25/01/12.

Wednesday 16 March 2011

Follow-up to complaint response 02/03/11

Further complaint lodged on BBC web site:

Many thanks for your recent reply on this matter.

I note with interest this sentence: "Factors such as whether it is news that has just come in and needs immediate coverage, how unusual the story is and how much national interest there is in the subject matter will all play a part in deciding the level of coverage and where it falls within a bulletin.".

To confirm in my own mind that I understand you perfectly, could I ask how the following topics discussed on the Jeremy Vine show in the days prior to the referendum fall in to the factors that you list in that sentence?:

22/02/11 Fried chicken shops
22/02/11 Silent treatment from partners
23/02/11 Do you prefer TV adverts to programmes?
24/02/11 Breast milk ice cream
28/02/11 Drunks in Scottish hospitals
01/03/11 Soup kitchens in Westminster.

No comments: