Please click here for more information about who I am and why I do this.
The text shown after 1), 2), 3) and 4) is copied exactly from the BBC's daily JV Show web page and I acknowledge their copyright of this text.
The "Find out more..." links to web pages referred to by the JV Show web page are available by clicking on the text following 1), 2), 3) and 4).
"Find out more..." text is only included here when it refers to a non-BBC web page link.
You can follow my occasional postings on Twitter at @JVineBlogMan although @TheJeremyVine has blocked me from following him.
I am subject to the BBC's "expedited complaints handling process" (meaning I'll be ignored) for two years from 25/01/12.

Sunday 27 March 2011

Question about Budget Day show 23/03/11

(This email sent to both the show email address (vine@bbc.co.uk) and Jeremy's personal BBC email address)

The following comment was posted on my blog by Craig yesterday. Needless to say, I wasn't listening to your show, but a quick check on iPlayer confirms it to be true.

Here's some more JV nonsense! Budget Day, and Jeremy Vine is talking to the BBC's Ross Hawkins. He's just waiting for the Budget to begin and crosses to the Commons to catch the last few seconds of Prime Minister's Questions and hears the PM shouting. "So there we are. Fiesty performance there", says Jeremy, having heard all of five seconds of David Cameron. After PMQs the Speaker traditionally vacates his chair and the Deputy Speaker takes over for the Budget. It's happens every year, and has done so since the dawn of time. Caught Jeremy Vine by surprise though!!: "And we wait to see if the Speaker calls the chancellor. John Bercow's just popped out of his chair for some reason!! I wonder..Oh I see! The Deputy Speaker coming in Ross, is that right?". Yes, that's right Jeremy.

You have probably seen more budgets than I have, but I do know that the Deputy Speaker ALWAYS chairs budget speeches, and I am surprised that you did not.
 
Would you care to comment?

No comments: