Please click here for more information about who I am and why I do this.
The text shown after 1), 2), 3) and 4) is copied exactly from the BBC's daily JV Show web page and I acknowledge their copyright of this text.
The "Find out more..." links to web pages referred to by the JV Show web page are available by clicking on the text following 1), 2), 3) and 4).
"Find out more..." text is only included here when it refers to a non-BBC web page link.
You can follow my occasional postings on Twitter at @JVineBlogMan although @TheJeremyVine has blocked me from following him.
I am subject to the BBC's "expedited complaints handling process" (meaning I'll be ignored) for two years from 25/01/12.

Monday 7 March 2011

Today's show 07/03/11

Good morning!

So how is your Pet Obesity campaign going? Where do I sign-up? Oh... what's that you say? You couldn't be bothered? I knew my £1000 would be safe.

Anyway, and moving on, let's see if I can find four good reasons not to listen to your programme today. How about these...

1) Prince Andrew - Prince Andrew is under a final warning. Is he an embarrassment to Britain? : Listening to the 8am news today I just knew that you would not be able to resist this one, but somehow I don't think you will be saying "... and our studio guest today is Prince Andrew". I don't have the time - or the interest - to find out exactly what is going on but I would not be surprised if you broadcast the usual daily dose of conjecture and speculation followed by a good old-fashioned undefended character assassination. I bet you'll use the word "paedophile" too. Next...

2) SAS - What on earth were the SAS doing in Libya? : Errr... have you watched the BBC news bulletin on your linked page? It seems to be fully explained there. Forgive me if I have got this wrong, but I have always been under the impression that the SAS's activities were secret. You know, secret, just like "Who is the target audience for the JV show?". So, what is there to discuss? Next...

3) Premature Babies - At 1, we’re joined by Dr Sarah Jarvis. A leading health advisor says at 23 weeks premature babies should be left to die : I'm glad that this story has been stolen from the Daily Mail as it saves me having to explain any further why this is of absolutely no interest to me. Next...

4) Banks - A Lib Dem MP has said shares in the rescued banks should be given to the public for free : You seem to be missing several points here:
 - Unless something has changed over the weekend, the Lib Dems are not in control of the Government so they are not in a position that allows them to do this.
 - As quoted on your linked page: It is not official Liberal Democrat policy.
 - As quoted on your linked page: "No decision has been taken about how or when this issue is going to be dealt with."
So, what is there to discuss? How about Nothing?

That looks like four pretty good reasons not to listen today. Any idea when you might discuss something that would be of interest to me? It has been six months now and I feel that I am being discriminated against. What are you going to do about that?

No comments: