Please click here for more information about who I am and why I do this.
The text shown after 1), 2), 3) and 4) is copied exactly from the BBC's daily JV Show web page and I acknowledge their copyright of this text.
The "Find out more..." links to web pages referred to by the JV Show web page are available by clicking on the text following 1), 2), 3) and 4).
"Find out more..." text is only included here when it refers to a non-BBC web page link.
You can follow my occasional postings on Twitter at @JVineBlogMan although @TheJeremyVine has blocked me from following him.
I am subject to the BBC's "expedited complaints handling process" (meaning I'll be ignored) for two years from 25/01/12.

Friday 1 April 2011

Today's show 01/04/11

What is it like living in the only part of the UK that doesn't have free prescriptions? England, leading the way ... backwards.

12:10 and finally your web page has been updated. I've got better things to do than wait for somebody to do their job, you know.

On to today's April Fools:

1) SPEED CAMERAS IN OXFORDSHIRE - Last year, Oxfordshire removed all speed cameras from the county. The number of fatalities on the road went up, so they're bringing them back : Shouldn't this be on BBC Radio Oxford? Why do you consider this to be of national interest? You just said "... who campaigns for people to bomb around the place ...". There is nothing like a little bit of bias Jeremy, and that is nothing like a little bit of bias. Next...

2) UK UNCUT - We talk to a member of UK Uncut, the group that believes in peaceful direct action to get businesses and banks to pay their full taxes and occupied Fortnum & Mason, and were then all arrested : Hmmm... The BBC already has a very poor record when it comes to these people. Peter Hitchens wrote in the Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1370053/TUC-anti-spending-cuts-protest-200-arrested-500k-march-cut.html
) earlier this week:

"This helps to explain the Corporation’s spasm of blatant partiality this weekend. It began with a bizarre report on Friday night on Newsnight. Reporter Anna Adams provided minutes of free publicity to protest group UK Uncut, whose spokeswoman was identified only by her Christian name, Lucy.".

I imagine that you will continue to toe the corporate BBC line. Next...

3) PARENTING: LEAVING HOME - Parenting week; the most important job in the world concludes with the devastation some parents feel when their children finally leave home : We have no children. Next...

4) TERRY WALTON ON HIS ALLOTMENT - Spring is well and truly here. As temperatures climb to the mid sixties, we talk to Terry on his lovely allotment : Yay! The Friday sound effects are back. And what is this 60 degrees thing? Cold and wet here in North Wales today.

Radcliffe & Maconie start their show on 6 Music on Monday, and I cannot wait. For the first time since I have lived here I will have the opportunity to listen to a BBC programme that is of interest to me and that I actually want to listen to. And about bloomin' time too.

However, my emails and my blog WILL continue.

No comments: