Please click here for more information about who I am and why I do this.
The text shown after 1), 2), 3) and 4) is copied exactly from the BBC's daily JV Show web page and I acknowledge their copyright of this text.
The "Find out more..." links to web pages referred to by the JV Show web page are available by clicking on the text following 1), 2), 3) and 4).
"Find out more..." text is only included here when it refers to a non-BBC web page link.
You can follow my occasional postings on Twitter at @JVineBlogMan although @TheJeremyVine has blocked me from following him.
I am subject to the BBC's "expedited complaints handling process" (meaning I'll be ignored) for two years from 25/01/12.

Wednesday 4 May 2011

Today's show 04/05/11

I didn't listen yesterday (as if...!) but hope that during your discussion on Bin Laden's demise that you mentioned possible BBC involvement with Al Qaeda. More details can be found in the Daily Telegraph's story (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/wikileaks/8472430/WikiLeaks-leaked-files-accuse-BBC-of-being-part-of-a-possible-propaganda-media-network.html) but it is the comments by Andrew Marr (remember him?) in the final paragraphs that interest me the most. Marr said, apparently, that "The BBC is not impartial or neutral. It’s a publicly funded, urban organisation with an abnormally large number of young people, ethnic minorities and gay people. It has a liberal bias not so much a party-political bias. It is better expressed as a cultural liberal bias.” while the BBC spokesperson said ""Independence and impartiality are at the heart of all BBC World Service output.".

I take the view that if the BBC is going to lose its impartiality (if it has not already gone) then I am paying my Licence Fee (a tax!) to support a broadcaster of propaganda. I'm really not happy about that, and so perhaps it is time once again to research what actually happens if somebody doesn't buy a licence.

Moving on then to today's mind infiltration...

1) VOTING REFERENDUM - Tomorrow, there's a referendum on whether to change the voting system, from first past the post to AV. Armano Ianucci tells us why he's voting for change. Peter Stringfellow says he's sticking with first past the post : Thanks, but I don't need to be told how to vote by a comedian and a nightclub owner. What makes them so special that I should hang on their pearls of wisdom, eh? My wife and I have both made our decisions on which way to vote, and our views do not coincide, so together we will have absolutely no effect on the result. Now there is democracy in action! We had a referendum in Wales a couple of months ago, but it must have been something trivial as the national BBC news gave it hardly any mention. Next...

2) IAN TOMLINSON - The inquest into the death of Ian Tomlinson delivered a verdict of unlawful killing. Should the police officer concerned now be prosecuted? : Is this a vote? I'll vote "Yes", but it won't change anything, will it? Here is a video of the Metropolitan Police doing their job: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dSsptuOiHE
. Oh how happy I am that I don't live in London. The video was made by the "Love Police" aka Charlie Veitch. Charlie was recently arrested (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-13237702) on suspicion of "conspiracy to cause a public nuisance". To me that says he was arrested for thinking about maybe doing something that the Metropolitan Police would not like. It is interesting that you can now be arrested BEFORE you commit a crime. Search on YouTube for more Love Police videos, they are fascinating - and worrying. Next...

3) OSAMA BIN LADEN - As the White House changes it's version of how Bin Laden was killed, there have been fresh calls to show a photo of the body. Others say it would be too gruesome : Let's see the photos, and I refer you to my comments above. Next...

4) THE FESTIVAL OF BRITAIN - Finally, do you remember the Festival of Britain? Sixty years ago, the country celebrated all that was wonderful about Britain. What are your memories? : It was seven years before I was born. For any person to have any memories of the event they would have needed to be at least in their late teens or early twenties in 1951, so that puts them in their 70s or 80s now. Is this age group part of your target audience demographic now? No wonder your programme fails to appeal to me. Oh, and this is not news.


6 Music beckons...

UPDATE: I've just found out the the Festival of Britain piece was just a plug for a programme on Radio 2 this evening.

No comments: