Please click here for more information about who I am and why I do this.
The text shown after 1), 2), 3) and 4) is copied exactly from the BBC's daily JV Show web page and I acknowledge their copyright of this text.
The "Find out more..." links to web pages referred to by the JV Show web page are available by clicking on the text following 1), 2), 3) and 4).
"Find out more..." text is only included here when it refers to a non-BBC web page link.
You can follow my occasional postings on Twitter at @JVineBlogMan although @TheJeremyVine has blocked me from following him.
I am subject to the BBC's "expedited complaints handling process" (meaning I'll be ignored) for two years from 25/01/12.

Wednesday 17 August 2011

Today's show 17/08/11


I'm very busy today so I shall give your programme the attention it deserves: Not much!

1) ENTERPRISE ZONES - The government has announced a wave of new enterprise zones in England to boost economic growth. Could one transform your town? Did that happen when they were first introduced in the 1980s? : I live in Wales, not England, so how can this have any relevance to me? Next...
 
2) RIOT SENTENCING - Are the authorities being too draconian following the riots? Two men are each given four years in jail for inciting disorder via Facebook without going out on the streets themselves : England-only again, and another vote. I'll have a think about it and text "Yes" or "No" to 88291 when I have decided. Will you be starting a campaign to get them released if the overwhelming opinion of your listeners is "Yes"? I thought not. Next...
 
3) MATT HAMPSON - After 1, a former rugby player who was paralysed from the neck down in a scrum accident tells us what it’s like to live as a tetraplegic. Find out more in this Telegraph article : Having read the Telegraph article, I admire his determination to live his life to the full, but I do not feel any need to switch back to Radio 2 from 6 Music to listen. Next...

4) HERPES - And a man who knowingly gave his girlfriend herpes is jailed for fourteen months. Find out more in this Metro article : Is this another example of being "too draconian", ref. item 2 above? Is this really the best you can do? I fail to see how this will aid my digestion this lunchtime, so I'll give it a miss, thanks.

No comments: