Please click here for more information about who I am and why I do this.
The text shown after 1), 2), 3) and 4) is copied exactly from the BBC's daily JV Show web page and I acknowledge their copyright of this text.
The "Find out more..." links to web pages referred to by the JV Show web page are available by clicking on the text following 1), 2), 3) and 4).
"Find out more..." text is only included here when it refers to a non-BBC web page link.
You can follow my occasional postings on Twitter at @JVineBlogMan although @TheJeremyVine has blocked me from following him.
I am subject to the BBC's "expedited complaints handling process" (meaning I'll be ignored) for two years from 25/01/12.

Thursday 6 October 2011

Complaint response 30/09/11

I wonder, just how big is the "audience log"...?

Reference CAS-1019720-3P82XX


Thank you for your contact regarding Jeremy Vine.


I understand you were unhappy with the links from Jeremy’s webpage as you feel there should be more links to outside newspapers for a different point of view.


I’ve forwarded your e-mail onto the people responsible for this website. Whilst I can’t guarantee a response, due to the level of correspondence, I can assure you that this issue has been made available to them.


I’d also like to assure you that I've registered your comment on our audience log. This is a daily report of audience feedback that's made available to many BBC staff, including members of the BBC Executive Board, channel controllers and other senior managers including the programme makers and producers of ‘Jeremy Vine’.


The audience logs are seen as important documents that can help shape decisions about future programming and content.


Thanks again for taking the time to contact us.


Kind Regards


Jxxxxxx Oxxxxxx
BBC Complaints


Response sent:



Reference CAS-1019720-3P82XX

Many thanks for your reply. However, you have misunderstood my original message.

My complaint was not that there should be links to newspapers, but was that the links to newspapers that used to be displayed are now no longer provided.

A subtle but important difference!

I would appreciated your further comments.

No comments: