Please click here for more information about who I am and why I do this.
The text shown after 1), 2), 3) and 4) is copied exactly from the BBC's daily JV Show web page and I acknowledge their copyright of this text.
The "Find out more..." links to web pages referred to by the JV Show web page are available by clicking on the text following 1), 2), 3) and 4).
"Find out more..." text is only included here when it refers to a non-BBC web page link.
You can follow my occasional postings on Twitter at @JVineBlogMan although @TheJeremyVine has blocked me from following him.
I am subject to the BBC's "expedited complaints handling process" (meaning I'll be ignored) for two years from 25/01/12.

Friday 16 March 2012

Today's show 16/03/12


Later than normal but earlier than expected...

1) VICARS - What happens when churches fall out with their vicar? A reverend reportedly sacks two members of the choir for rejecting a request to undergo a CRB check. Find out more in this article from the Western Gazette in Yeovil : Yawn... wake up at the back. Don't you know that Jeremy is trying to do a serious radio programme here? Listen, he's going to play "Storm In A Tea Cup" by The Fortunes as today's (in)appropriate record. Next...

2) CUSTOMER SERVICE - Which style of customer service is worse - over-attentive or pretending you don’t even exist? : I am a customer of the BBC, so will you be discussing that august monolith today? Upset the BBC and you are put very firmly in the "pretending you don't exist" category, otherwise known as the Expedited Complaints Handling Procedure and which I find myself subject to at the moment.  The only way I could attract the BBC's attention again is to write a long and detailed letter about how crap I consider your programme to be, and within a deadline set by the BBC and in a method (printed and posted paper) set by the BBC. As they police themselves, the BBC decided that my letter wasn't good enough and "invited" me to have another go, and again within a deadline set by them. I have accepted their invitation and written that letter, but I remain pessimistic that the BBC Trust will find in my favour. After all, why should they? I would have ended my involvement with any other organisation who treated me - as a customer - with such derision and distain, but the because of "the unique way the BBC is funded" I am left with choice of putting up and shutting up, or taking on the mythical wrath of TV Licensing. The temptation gets stronger every day, but you won't be discussing that, will you? Next...

3) FAT POLICE OFFICERS - A review suggests that police officers could be disciplined for failing fitness tests. Are fat coppers hampering the fight against crime? : I need to think about that, and while doing so I'll watch these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQM-OTVUMHs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RIYveD71jg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2TXJkb-5wc
Next...

4) DEPRESSED DADS - After 1 in Your Money and Your Life, we discuss dads with depression - the fathers who carry the family, the job and the world on their shoulders : Thankfully, that does not describe me.

The Jeremy Vine Show - don't you dare complain about our customer service!

4 comments:

Gill said...

Is JV off on another jamboree on monday? Someone called Aasmah Mir is sitting in. Whoever she is!!

Radio2LunchtimeLoather said...

She is one of the "drive time" presenters on 5Live apparently. She has got to be better than Feltz.

Stonyground said...

Hasn't the one about the vicar falling out with the flock been done by JV before?

Stonyground said...

Hasn't the one about the vicar falling out with the flock been done by JV before?